E3 is a collective impact initiative designed to bring the community together to "move the needle" in stabilizing and building self-sufficiency in no/low income and homeless families and individuals in Montgomery County through an intentional and holistic continuum of care. The mission is to EQUIP, EDUCATE and EMPOWER Montgomery County families and individuals to greater levels of stability and self-sufficiency.
According to the National Coalition for the Homeless, if you are poor, "you are essentially an illness, an accident or a paycheck away from homelessness".
- 55, 965 people in Montgomery County live below the poverty level.
- Despite excellent educational institutions and school districts, of these 25 year old and older living below the poeverty level, 27.9% have less than a high school degree.
- A family of four with two children under 18, on average, needs approximately $48,072, or income twice as high as the Federal Poverty Level, just to meet their most basic needs. Approximately 30% of Montgomery County families have incomes below $50,000.
- Even more alarming, 30% of female householders in Montgomery County, with no husband present, live below the poverty level, increasing to 38.4% for those with related children under 18.
- Evidence suggests that substantially greater progress can be made in alleviating many of our most serious and complex social problems by bringing together nonprofits, government, businesses, the faith community, funders and the public around a common agenda.
E3 will act an an umbrella bringing together multiple programs, services, and strategies--uniting nonprofits, government, faith-based organizations, the community and others who can contribute to E3's overall mission.
E3 Current Partners are:
- Montgomery County Homeless Coalition- Lead Agency
- Lone Star College Montgomery - Office of Workforce Development/Career Navigation, CTE and degree plan advising, Food Chef/Prep Chef Program
- Educational Outcomes - Adult Education, GED Prep and ESL
- Crisis Assistance Center - Hand Up Program
- Volunteers of America Texas - FOC Occupational skills training, financial literacy and employment guidance
- Easter Seals- Bank on Montgomery County and Home of Your Own
- Texas Agrilife Extension Agency - Garden Support and Healthy Cooking Classes
- First United Methodist Church of Conroe - Identity Recovery and Client Supportive Partners
- Charity Sight, Inc. - Vision Screenings and Glasses
Volunteers are needed to help in our E3 Garden! This is a great opportunity for you to come out, and bring the kids if you like, to harvest our summer crops and prep our garden for the fall.
For information on becoming involved with our garden, please contact Gary Audas at firstname.lastname@example.org